Greenways Heritage & European Greenways Award in Latvia
The final Conference of the Greenways Heritage EU co-funded Cosme project and the gala Dinner of the 9th European Greenways Award will be held on 5 September 2019, in Vidzeme region in Latvia.
Overwiew of the program:
Thursday 5th September 2019
9:00 – 12:00 Project partners meeting – Greenways Heritage
13:30 – 18:00 Final Conference Greenways Heritage (open)
Tourism product: technological tools for informing and attracting customers
- Main outputs of the Greenways Heritage project.
- Best practices based in specific examples about:
- Tools for informing and enrich the experience of tourist about Greenways and cultural and natural heritage.
- Promoting and selling greenways and UNESCO as common destinations
- How to set up greenways that can be attractive for local and tourists, putting in value the heritage nearby?
- How to promote public-private cooperation to enlarge and assure the continuity of the network?
- How to finance greenways integrating the natural and cultural assets nearby?
- Governance to manage and promote greenways and heritage nearby
The detailed program will be available ASAP
19:00 European Greenways Award 2019 – Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony, including special Greenways Heritage Award (Co-funded by COSME program).
Friday 6th September 2019
8:00 Breakfast in hotel. Participants leave the rooms. (Personal luggage in hotel baggage storage)
9:00 Departure from Dikli palace by bike – 13 km
11:00 EGWA Bridge official opening. Bridge over Briedes river (light snacks) / toilet
11:30 Bus transport to Hansa city Limbazi (30 km)
12:30 Visit Hansa city Limbaži
13:30 Cycling from Hansa city Limbazi – Katvaru lake (6 km)
14:00 Lunch in Katvaru lake
15:30 Departure from Katvaru lake- Dikli Palace (35 km)
17:00 Departure by organizers bus from Diklu palace to Valmiera train/bus station
Dikļi Palace It is one of the most historic and beautiful palaces in Latvia. It is located about 20 km away from Valmiera city, very close from the new greenways network GreenRailway.
Special prices of the hotel: Economy class room with breakfast 52 € and 60 €
Dikļu pils / Dikli Palace Hotel – Tel.: +371 64207480 / email :email@example.com
To mention in the reservation: EGWA AWARD
How to arrive?
A transfer from the Riga airport – to Dikli parish can be organize on Wednesday 4th September at 12:00
- Regular Public Bus from Riga central station in every hour from 6:20 am last 10:50 pm. Estimate time 2 hours.
- Public train from Riga-Valmiera. 4 times in a day. Estimate time 2 hours.
- Regular Public Bus from Valmiera Bus station to Dikli parish (approx. 20 km) in every second hour from 6:05 am last 6:50 pm. Estimate time 35 min. Taxis are also available.
In order you can organize your trip ASAP, please take account of the general program and estimated time for travelling.
Further info will follow. Please stay tuned for more information.