“Greenways: Attracting new clients and selling the product”, is the next workshop that will be held on Friday 20 May/2016 at Bütgenbach (Belgium),
As part of the Greenways Outdoor project. It will be followed by a technical visit at the awarded transborder greenway Vennbahn! The agenda is worth the trip!
Workshop “Greenways: Attracting new clients and selling the product”
Venue: Sport- und Freizeitzentrum Worriken – at the Building « Pavillon » Worriken 9; 4750 Bütgenbach (Belgium)
Time: 9:15 – 12:30 + Technical visit: 14:00 -18:00
- To present the project Greenways Outdoors and to encourage stakeholders to generate tourism product around greenways.
- To share best practices in greenways infrastructure development, as key tool to develop cycle tourism.
- To present key elements to attract new clients and to implement successful marketing campaigns on greenways
- To provide key tips to create attractive cycle tourism packages linked to greenways.
Addressed to: Tourism promotion and greenway management authorities; Local service and equipment providers (SMEs) around greenways; Tour operators and active and nature tourism agencies; Public authorities and private organisations that want to promote greenways for tourism in its territories; Potential tourists / end users.
9:30 Words of welcome + Intro
10:00 Greenways Outdoor overview. M. Muñoz. European Greenways Association (EGWA) Director, Greenways Outdoor Coordinator.
10:15 Vennbahn Film
10:30 Measuring points along the Vennbahn: Gudrun Hunold (Ministry of the German-speaking Community of Belgium)
11:00 The RAVel: a basic tool for the development of tourism by bike in Wallonie. G.Perrin (International adviser, Chemins du Rail)
11:30 Marketing and Communication, Top 10 tips, Product development Vennbahn: D. Heck, C. Hendrich (TAO) Product developer. Tourismusagentur ostbelgien. (Belgium).
12:00 Creation of a cycle package, J.-P. Weijers, tour operator (fietsrelax.nl)
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch break.
And Technical visit to the Vennbahn
13:45 Briefing Technical Visit
14:00 Technical Visit – section Bütgenbach-Leykaul
15:30 Coffee Break: Leykault
16:00 Technical Visit – Construction of a Greenway, section Steinbach-Sankt Vith; infrastructure works by the example of bridges and tunnels near Lommersweiler
17:30 Ravel-terrace, label ‘bed+bike’: B. Pfeiffer, financial manager (Leisure center Worriken)
18:00 End of the visit
Language – English
Accommodation recomended: Sporthouse Worriken (http://www.eastbelgium.com/unterkunft/Sporthouse-Worriken-Buetgenbach/#content ).
How to arrive:
- Train: Eupen + Bus to Bütgenbach (B).
- Fly: I found the nearest airports are Bonn/Koln (koeln-bonn-airport.de ) or Dusseldorf -international (www.dus.com/en) in Germany, or Brussels or Luxembourg; + train to Eupen (via Aachen in Germany or Liege Belgium) + bus to Bütgenbach (B).
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about how to attract new clients and to know the awarded transborder greenway Vennbahn! The agenda worth the trip!