The European Commision, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs organised a stakeholder event on 13 September to update on the transition pathway related developments and received pledges.
The objective was to increase and support engagement in the transition pathway co-implementation with concrete actions.
The event was organized in hybrid format, physically in Brussels and the online participation
All the presentations of the event are available online at the event web page: EU Tourism transition pathway stakeholder meeting (europa.eu)
- Introduction by Marie-Helene Pradines, Head of Unit Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs Unit G1 Tourism, textiles
- Four lenses to the Transition Pathway for Tourism by Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs Tourism team
- Industrial Forum Task force 2 feedback by Luis Campos, Co-curator Industrial forum TF2 for Tourism
- Overview of T4T pledges and commitments by Kirsti Ala-Mutka, Policy officer Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs
- Example pledges from Ile-de-France region, Françoise Guaspare, Senior policy officer
- Example pledges from Azores DMO by Carolina Mendonça, Coordinator
- Example pledges from European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT) by Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director
- Example pledges from Booking.com by Inge Janssen, Director of Public Affairs EMEA,
- Example pledges from EcoMarine Malta by Patrizia Patti, Founder
- Example pledges from NECSTouR by Cristina Nunez, Managing Director
- T4T next steps by Kirsti Ala-Mutka, Policy officer Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs
Source European Commision – DIRECTORATE-GENERAL FOR INTERNAL MARKET, INDUSTRY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SMES
We take part in the stakeholder event in Brussels.
EGWA is one of the organisations committed to concrete pledges linked to greenways, mainly oriented towards awareness raising and promotion of the greentransition.
Regarding sustainable mobility, we recall the need to promote safe and accessible infrastructure for cycling & walking, such as greenways, suitable for both visitors & locals.
Many thanks to the #EUGrowth Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs for the organisation of the event and the whole process of co-creation open to stakeholders, leading to co-implementation!
Moving on! #GreenwaysEurope #Together4Tourism
Mercedes Muñoz Zamora
European Greenways Association, Director